Medical Case File 28
Detection of Osteomyelitis
– There are many different diagnostic tools to diagnosis Osteomyelitis. i.e. MRI, Bone Scan. Cat Scan, Gallium scan, X-ray.
– The simplest way is to use a cotton swab.
– If touch bone? The diagnosis is osteo until proven other wise.
– It may take 21-30 days to see changes on x-ray. Patient can be septic and complication more serious in that time frame.
– The most reliable is Bone biopsy.
– This technique gives you a working diagnosis in a Diabetic patient.
– Improves medical management and aggressive antibiotic use