Medical Case File 50
Pediatric Congenital Deformities
1. What is the most common causes of Genetic birth defects?
2. Is there a Link to the age of the mother?
3. Can birth defects be autosomal dominate or recessive? Explain
4. Which one is lethal in Utero ? Dominate or Recessive? Explain
5. Do Boys have more birth defects? Why
6. What is the long term out come for this baby?
7. What is the conditions of the child mouth? What is it called? Why does this occur and how?
8. What is the condition of his hand? What is it called? Why does it occur?
9. What is the condition of his leg and foot? What is it called? Why does it occur?
10. What role does folic Acid have in the developing fetus? Explain
11. What is the long term survival of this child?
12. Are there more birth defects in third world countries or developed countries? Explain
13. What is the normal birth weight of babies?
14. What does sucking reflex tell us?
15. Is there a way to prevent this from occurring? explain